Friday, January 9, 2009

My Name Is Linda And I Make Items For Cats And For Humans Who Love Them



I live in South Burlington with my five cats, Morris (all 20 pounds of him), Brady who is named after the New England Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady, Maggie, and Tom and Jerry. All of them were rescued from a barn, except for Morris.

Ever since I was a young child I have loved to create things. My mother used to make braided rugs and I would sit underneath her treadle sewing machine (no electricity!) and pick up the scraps and make scrap dolls with them.

I like to sew, paint and scrapbook. The one thing I don't like to do is to use other people's patterns. I much prefer making my own designs. I received a Scroll saw for Christmas 2008 so soon I will start making wooden plaques and paint them or wood burn on them.

My Etsy Shop is called All About Cats and I make items for cats and for humans who love them.

Here are pics of some Organic Catnip Bell Toys I've Made:


I also have an All About Cats blog where I write about cats (go figure!), my crafts, Etsy and other Etsy sellers.

In the beginning of 2008 I had never heard of Etsy and I had no idea what a blog was. I've come a long way since then :-)

2 comments:

Heather@Twin Birch said...

Hey Linda! I LOVE your post! I also love that one of your kitties is named Brady. We are huge Pats fans in my house! Your catnip toys are precious, too!

I can relate to how far a year can bring a person! I was very new to etsy last year, too. I don't feel like a pro yet, but we're all moving in that direction! I'm happy to be traveling that way with you! Heather

The Fuzzy Bunny said...

Wow, Morris sounds like a big guy. I love your stuff, so cute! Good luck with your sawing adventures.